Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Honey Bee Lunch

Honey Bee Lunch

Still playing with the new toy (D70). This is a hand held closeup with the 18-70mm kit lense at f5.6 and an ISO of 200. Nothing much orginal here but I would like your take on it. This is about 1/4 frame crop of the original image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honey Bee Lunch-honey-bee-lunch.jpg  

Well focused shot (important with macro), good composition and pleasant colors.

Nice job Old Timer

Nice job oldtimer i like it the stems on the flowers are such a cool color
    ~Something is nothing~
    ~Nothing is somthing~

Seb
    Hello Old Timer,

Have you used the flash? If I was to be picky i'd say that the shot appears to be a tad too bright but overall, I think that this is well done.

The kit lense appears to work very well.

best regards

Seb

No flash

No flash used on this exposure. I did lighten it in PS may have over done it. I am having a devil of a time learning PS techniques.

Thanks for the comments.

Oldtimer, I like it. The kit lens seems to be sharp enough especially hand held here The colors are nice, soft, and I like how you have framed this.
    If you do any lightening or try to bring out contrast a bit, try using your curves adjustment. I usually find that decreasing the lower end of the scale will darken my shadows and then increase the high end some will brighten the highlights. A good combo to get more contrast.
    Good shootin
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thanks...

Thanks for the comments and the suggestions. I have been fooling around with the curve adjustments and I hope I am getting the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Oldtimer, I like it. The kit lens seems to be sharp enough especially hand held here The colors are nice, soft, and I like how you have framed this.
    If you do any lightening or try to bring out contrast a bit, try using your curves adjustment. I usually find that decreasing the lower end of the scale will darken my shadows and then increase the high end some will brighten the highlights. A good combo to get more contrast.
    Good shootin

Very nice pic indeed ! Beautiful job !

Thread Information