Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    today's empires, tomororw's ashes mateo el gato's Avatar

old fence in the snow

The first photo was taken with my fathers old Konica Auto Reflex 35mm camera. Just next door to my house, this fence didn't have much color, which bums me out because I would like a little more contrast? Overall, this is the first picture I've taken that I actually enjoy.

The second photo was taken with my sony digital camera. I touched it up a bit with Fireworks.

mainly, any help with the 1st picture would be great. the 2nd one was me messing around, but i really do like the way it looks for some reason... ;)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails old fence in the snow-wire-trees.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mateo el gato; 03-11-2004 at 12:32 PM. Reason: add another comment

The first image has potential. I think putting the fence post dead center takes away some of the impact that this could have had if the post were on the right edge of the frame. The magenta color to the snow is distracting...bad lab process? You've got the snow a nice white with your digicam, so I'm wondering why the odd color cast with your film print.

today's empires, tomororw's ashes mateo el gato's Avatar
    hmm, that makes a lot of sense. It was a really overcast day, so I'm wondering if I should have let more light in... I see where you're coming from with putting the post over to the right a bit more. thanks for the input

Thread Information