Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Grass

GB1

Grass

Another Kodachrome 64 slide scan.

I wonder if I upped the contrast a bit too much - GB

Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Grass

Looks fine to me !

love the colors & shallow DOF

very nice kind of abstract GB

Wouldn't change a thing

GB1

Thanks Armando. The only thing I am not sure about is that the original slide was a tad greener, though a warmish green. Maybe I'll adjust it to better match that,

G

My Site

Great shot, I always love your Kodachrome 64 slides. I don't think you overdid the contrast at all and I like the slightly muted colors. I could see this blown up on and office building wall or something. It's very relaxing to me

The only thing for me is the cut-off tip of grass at the top.

Fantastic shot, otherwise. Muted colors, lighting, and composition work for me. I might play with the contrast or bring up the blacks in curves a little just to see what happens, but i like it just fine as is.

GB1

Thanks fellows. I reexamined the original scan and played around with another version, but so far nothing really looks better than this initial post. Matt, yeah .. it could be in an office, for it makes one think I wish I could get more of these type shots. Dray, wow, what an catch on that middle blade tip (!) ... I agree that it would be better if in the frame. I checked the slide and there's a tad more room up there that I clipped off (thank Kodachrome curved slide mounts for making one choose between clipping off the top or the slides). I will try a rescan once I investigate and reconnect my scanner .. the firewire card that it needs decided to cause blue screens all of the sudden.

What I like about the angle, btw, is that it has the perspective of a bug or another animal instead of the standard 5'6"-from-ground angle that we all see so often in photographs. Makes me want to take my macro out this weekend.

G

My Site

Thread Information