Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

The Grace & Hope Mission

Taken in Baltimore:

Emily
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Grace & Hope Mission-gracehopemission.jpg  

Re: The Grace & Hope Mission

Well done. I like the composition and the colors on the old building. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks Greg...

Emily

Hey Emily, this is a very nice one indeed! The colors really make the shot. Great exposure, too.
    John

Thanks John!

Emily

Nice image Emily. I find the over all mood of the photo very pleasing owing mostly to the colors and hues of the image. I do find the composition a little lacking. I don't know what you would have encountered if it had been framed a little lower, but I think there are interesting elements that are being short changed. I would have like to see the photo cropped to the right to eliminate the windows of the second building to me they add nothing to the photo. The cross is marvelous, I love it. If it were moved higher in the photo and the third window on the left allowed to reveal itself more along with the great awning and may be the doorway I just feel you could have greatly improved the overall composition. You have a wonderful eye for spotting interesting subjects keep it up.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thank you for the thoughts and critique, OT...I really appreciate it! You're absolutely right re: the compositition. Next time I'm in Baltimore, I'm going to go back and get some better shots...try some different angles...of this.

Emily

Thread Information