Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Gimme the scoop please.....

Two pics, taken with my new Concorde Eye-Q 3040 AF. Both were taken on the same outing, about 5:30am - 6:00am, yesterday morning after a night of rain.

Betty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gimme the scoop please.....-07042004-early-morning-6am-027a.jpg   Gimme the scoop please.....-07042004-early-morning-6am-088a.jpg  
    "When you aim for perfection you discover it is a moving target".

- George Fisher -

Betty,
    I like the view of the top shot, the one of the road. Nice perspective.
    The other shot does not move me. I think it would have been better taken horizontaly.
    You have made the images a good size, but it seems there is not enough resolution in your file as the pics are losing much quality. Also looks like jpeg artifacts gone wild.
    try to search or post a thread in the help forum about resizing your pics and preparing them for the web. Your losing much resolution in these images.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by bjtindle
    Two pics, taken with my new Concorde Eye-Q 3040 AF. Both were taken on the same outing, about 5:30am - 6:00am, yesterday morning after a night of rain.

Betty
    Could it be due to me taking them on the "economy" mode? Thanks!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Could it be due to me taking them on the "economy" mode? Thanks!

Betty
    Not sure what "economy" mode is , but it probably is the cameras setting for taking pics while using the lowest quality for reduced file size. I would always take pics at the cameras highest setting for the best possible quality and resolution.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Not sure what "economy" mode is , but it probably is the cameras setting for taking pics while using the lowest quality for reduced file size. I would always take pics at the cameras highest setting for the best possible quality and resolution.

Yes, it is the one that will let me take almost 200 pics instead of 40 or somewhere around there I think. I will not use it anymore. I have a question and it concerns the 1st picture, well actually even the second. Can a Auto Focus camera take a picture out of focus?
    Just asking...thanks. Thanks for the comments gahspidy!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Seb
    Yes, it is the one that will let me take almost 200 pics instead of 40 or somewhere around there I think. I will not use it anymore. I have a question and it concerns the 1st picture, well actually even the second. Can a Auto Focus camera take a picture out of focus?
    Just asking...thanks. Thanks for the comments gahspidy!

Betty

Hello Betty,

An autofocus camera definately can take out of focus pictures if:
    - your subject is too close from the camera
    - in situations where there are various subjects "competting" in your frame so the camera get confused regarding what to focus on
    - you shoot in the dark.

Obviously, your pictures doesnt fit in any of these categories. I don't know about your camera or about the originals of these pictures but perhaps the problem only is that you have used the "economy mode" as you stated.

regards

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Seb
    Hello Betty,

An autofocus camera definately can take out of focus pictures if:
    - your subject is too close from the camera
    - in situations where there are various subjects "competting" in your frame so the camera get confused regarding what to focus on
    - you shoot in the dark.

Obviously, your pictures doesnt fit in any of these categories. I don't know about your camera or about the originals of these pictures but perhaps the problem only is that you have used the "economy mode" as you stated.

regards

Seb

Thanks Seb. I wasn't sure. This is with the a digital also, Concorde Eye-Q 3040 AF. So far I like the camera, just had it a couple of days. I was just checking cuz I wasn't sure if it was me, the camera, or the way (economy) I took the picture. Thanks for taking the time to tell me all this, I appreciate it!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar
    I always have my digital on "economy" and am having no probs keeping the res Could it be when you are resizing you are forgetting to save them as jpeg images ? mmmmm will have to think this one out.
    Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by bobbythebandit
    I always have my digital on "economy" and am having no probs keeping the res Could it be when you are resizing you are forgetting to save them as jpeg images ? mmmmm will have to think this one out.
    Bobby
    I didn't resize them at all and I always save as jpg. I did go out and take photos this afternoon and changed the quality to "Fine", it does seem to make a bit of a difference. I am still learning Paintshop Pro so I could have done something to the photo and not even realized it. Thanks bobby!

- George Fisher -

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Betty,
    I like the view of the top shot, the one of the road. Nice perspective.
    The other shot does not move me. I think it would have been better taken horizontaly.
    You have made the images a good size, but it seems there is not enough resolution in your file as the pics are losing much quality. Also looks like jpeg artifacts gone wild.
    try to search or post a thread in the help forum about resizing your pics and preparing them for the web. Your losing much resolution in these images.

Almost forgot, did take it horizontally, came out nice. But not gonna post it, not dupes of the same picture anyway. Thanks!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Thread Information