Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Fruit Basket

Fruit Basket

I don't much like shopping at the 10 acre mega supermarket, so for our produce I drive about a mile down the road to the "Fruit Basket". This fruit was on tables near the front of the market under a canopy in the shade. It was taken with a Fuji S5000 on Auto mode.
    The blood oranges on the right were very tasty. I like this photo, but I wonder if it looks too commercial. Comments? Be brutal, I want to get better at this. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fruit Basket-fruitbasket-1b.jpg  

You've certainly got some great, bold color in the frame. Looks like a lot of the oranges are without detail, possibly from the overhead lighting. It's an OK shot that might have been improved had you knelt down and shot this at a lower angle, to get a little creativity in the frame. Keep posting.

This is what the un-cropped image looked like. I think when I reduce the size to post, they loose some of their quality. Maybe?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fruit Basket-fruitbasket-20sm.jpg  

your uncropped one

has an intereseting thing going on there to the middle left---there's an ornage that's cut or eaten and with the mix of the mangoes and the shock of blue might be looking into. definitely go back and shoot some more, nice colors

nat
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information