Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Fountain(night shot)

I walk by this fountain multiple times daily in route to class. I finally went back late one night in hopes for a good shot. Normally there are lights on that illuminate the water flow as it falls but they've failed to use them lately(go figure). Fiddled around in PP and thought it was a wild touch. CC welcome! forgive me if it too big

"Birds are wild because they have to be. We are wild because we prefer to be."- Jack Miner

www.tedlloyd.smugmug.com

Re: Fountain(night shot)

Nicely captured image. There are a couple of things that you could clean up in PP.

In the bottom there seems to be a post jutting into the picture to the right of the fountain base. I would suggest cloning this out to make it a cleaner image.

Just above the first bowl there seems to be a dark vertical shadow from something and it may be worth loosing this and it bleeds into above the second bowl.

Adjust the vertical for the fountain as it seems to be leaning to the right.

The moon is a good inclusion but it would be better shot a few minutes later as then it would give better separation with the tree top.

There appears to be a thin tree near the right most building which looks like a mark on the film which may be worth dodging a bit to make it stand out less.

Sorry to be so critical but this is a anice shot and I thinik it is worth working on a bit more to make it outstanding.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Thread Information