Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Stone Statues

BVC
    Rookie

Stone Statues

I tried this shot from several angles and this one is the only one that seemed to capture my attention after viewing. What are your thoughts on the composition?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stone Statues-rams.jpg  
    Rookie Photographer

Beautiful statues BVC and I like the lighting; it brings out the details quite well!
    What this image lacks and trust me, that's not your fault, something at the end.
    See, the eye is lead into a certain direction, it's moving all the way towards the end and that's where the problem is; there isn't that finishing touch at the end of this short 'journey'. That's just my personal view on this.

At such a moment you don't have a lot of choices. But I do think that this image would have been stronger with more depth of field.

Thanks for sharing it with us BVC, nice image!

I like what you were going for and this isnt bad, but I think if you crop the top just to the first statues head,even cutting just a bit of the first head off a bit( we can see what the whole head looks like from the others in the line) and crop the left side of the frame by the same amount,about an inch to inch and half this would bring the first statue right up in your face and make the perspective more impactful. And personally I think less dof would have worked better, just enough to catch the last statue and then all else just a blur.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

vantage point

I think this image could have benefitted from a slightly more extreme vanatge point but overall it is a well lit and well composed image(slight cropping on the left would be good. I like extremes...so here's my take...not the greatest but you'll get the jist of what I was aiming for.

Can you reshoot?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information