Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: First Class

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

First Class

...for my youngest daughter for Ballet. I put this together for her grandmother who gave her the lessons for Christmas. I don't usually do this kind of thing so I'm interested in reactions. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Class-first-class1.jpg  
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Re: First Class

I am also attaching the individual images for critique as well. Individually or as a group.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Class-first-class-2.jpg   First Class-first-class-3.jpg   First Class-first-class.jpg  
    Asheville Photographer

MB1

As far as photos go they don't look sharp-perhaps a higher ISO next time? I like the way the 2 close-ups are cropped but I think the image of her at the bar has a little too much ceiling above her although it does add a sense of place to the set of 3.

As far as a gift for granny goes-good thinking, she will love it.

yes a little too fuzzy.. i like the pale colour factor thow..

trog

Thanks for the response MB and Trog,

The pics on either end [or 1 & 2 of my second post] are soft because I got a little heavy handed with the noise reduction software which compression for the web only made worse. Shot at ISO 800 1/90 f4 to f5.6. The middle "portrait" was shot through glass in a narrow window in the door of the classroom, cropped and noise reduced so it is VERY soft. Parents are a distraction so we can't be in the room with them during class. I have to shoot over the heads of the other Mommies, all peering through this one narrow window in the door about 8 inches wide. I'm sure we all look a sight to the uninitiated. Here are unsoftened versions and the full frame for the middle shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Class-clicks15154.jpg   First Class-clicks15157.jpg   First Class-clicks15164.jpg  
    Asheville Photographer

MB1

I think this trio is better. You got rid of the ceiling that was bothering me and by including the other girls in another photo it looks sharper since the crop isn't as tight and the extra faces shows that this a class.

Good stuff.

Thread Information