Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    learning member

Climbing a flower ?

Hi there

Got this shot of a few beatles climbing on a flower . Think they were exercising for Mount Everest

Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
    james
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Climbing a flower ?-mounteneering.jpg  

James,
    This is cool. I like it. The highlights seem to be blown out a bit, maybe over exposed slighlty and not quite as sharp as a shot like this ought to be, but it is still a very cool image. i like the color of this flower and the contrast of the beetles on them with a bit of their shadows as well. could probably boost the quality of this shot a bit more in ps, but other than that it looks to be a good catch
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

learning member
    Hi Gary

Thank you for looking and your comments . I agree that it is overexposed a bit . Have not done much in photoshop except sharpening a bit . But that needs to be work on !
    Thanks Gary !

Greetings from a very- very cold South - Africa.
    james

I would have loved it for some snow this winter as we do not experience that quite often. We only got the cold and frost this time .

how cold is cold? How long does your cold season last?

gary

learning member
    Hallo Gary ,
    The coldest we measured was -8 ° C one night .We do not have much snow here in winter times ( Except for some higher places ) The last time we had snow was in 1996.
    The first time i saw snow was in 1981 when i was in school . It was such a experience that day that they even closed the school for the occasion !!
    Normaly our summers are very nice , some places do get temperatures up to 35 °C and warmer .
    Our winter is usually about 4 months starting May to about August . We also do not have daylight saving time like your country .
    From June 21 the days start to change , the this is the shortest day and the longest night .
    The sun sets about 17h30 and rise at about 07h00 .After that the days are getting longer.

Thank you for asking .

Greetings
    james

Thanks for the info. Yes, snow. I remember loving it as a kid (we certainly get enough of it here in the winter). Sleigh rides, snowmen, snowball fights, snow angels, snow school . . ..sometimes (no school). But as one gets older (not very old, mind you) snow just means work, mess , delays, more extra work. ( some good photos, though). Oh well, I guess if you don't get it very often it is somewhat of a treat. Many happy snow days to you!!!

gary

Thread Information