Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    GB1

Smile A few more Joshua Tree sunrises

Here they be.

The second one looks like Africa to me.

Kodachrome 64 rules!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A few more Joshua Tree sunrises-joshuatreesunrise6_2_feb2008_px640.jpg   A few more Joshua Tree sunrises-joshuatreesunrise1_feb2008_px640.jpg   A few more Joshua Tree sunrises-joshuatreesunrise4_feb2008_px640.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

MB1

Re: A few more Joshua Tree sunrises

I like the first one for the blues and purples but the city lights kind of ruin the feeling of isolation and the whole thing looks tilted to the right.

I think of the three I'd pick the last one with about half of the foreground cropped out.
    No, I DON'T need that.

GB1

Re: A few more Joshua Tree sunrises

MB - Tried cropping the fg as you mentioned, but that seemed to beg for some off the top (and sides) to go too. I just couldn't get it right One of those images! The colors were somewhat muted for a Joshua Tree sunrise anyways, so this batch of shots don't make my Best Of bin.

It's funny, but I sort of like the lights. But I can see why someone would not like them. it turns out that east is looking right at the next little town (Twentynine Palms, I believe) and there's not much you can do about it except take the shots from inside the park. However, they don't open the gates until about 8 am. If you camped out inside the park you would be set.

Gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Thread Information