Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: A few more

A few more :: Roadside Crosses and Damaged Prints

These are some more shots I've taken. The first three of the batch is all from the same roll that I shot and developed myself. When I developed the negs these were scanned from I didn't agitate the tank enough and they were ruined. However, "Highway Crosses" was clear. The other two were damaged, but I like the way they came out anyway. These are scanned from the negs, and contrast and brightness was adjusted in photoshot. (The woods scene was VERY dense. I had to really pump it up - that's what the sky is so gross - but there's a good bit of detail for it being so dark.

Escape is more recent.

I'd love to hear your comments/critiques. Be gentle, I'm a newbie!

Vincent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A few more-i10_1.jpg   A few more-i10_2.jpg   A few more-escape.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nolageek; 02-19-2004 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Changed the title to be more descriptive

Like your Streetcar shot, the first and third in this series show you have a knack for capturing shots about what I would loosely call "the human condition". Even though there are no people present, they are still about people IMO (in general), more so than any objects captured in the scene.

And don't be so hard on yourself, you may feel like a newbie, but you don't shoot like one. Your sense of B&W composition (which is necessarily different from color composition IMO) is very keen.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Thread Information