Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

feflections ~ with the new cokin

greg took your advice splashed out on a couple of filters.

took this around the corner from the house.

not a lot of great vantage points but:

not spectacular but going on an exercise this weekend (two if i am lucky) i think it helped the sky for sure.

gradual neutral grey fyi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails feflections ~ with the new cokin-petroleum-building-sugar-land.jpg  

GB1

Re: feflections ~ with the new cokin

Nice work 3L, and the GND filter seems to have done a wonderful job in making everything evened out. I really like how the sky and buildings come together. The photo composition and the geometry of the building(s?) are great. The only thing I find a bit distracting is the way the sprinklers break up the geometry, but others may feel that this is a good thing.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

My I ask which filter you used, as a graduated ND filter doesn't lend it self to this type of landscape.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

graduated neutral grey..

just an exercise as my tendency is to get blown out skies,.

skies: they tend to be too blue and no clouds until late after noon when i am working so i can't do anything there..

think it might have toned down the blue,. should have done a before and after i guess but still learning

composition is my first goal. the rest will have to come later.thanks again for input.

i liked the way the composition came out...

the building is on (the back of it) a purpose built "lake" and a "fountain" so one can't exclude it and again moving back doesn't help much unless you want to risk being run over !!

gb ~ thanks ~ one building which i found looked good form the back side. i thought the lines worked. i read something about lines/reflections etc. and tried to make something work,

Nothing to add except a slight crop from the top...

There is this little annoying thing between the top roof and the sky (it's white)... or maybe just clone it out!

Otherwise, and although i have mixed feelings regarding the fountain... this is a very nice shot!

Nice job,

Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Thread Information