Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    I Climb Rocks

Expirimented STAR TRAIL

i took this shot in may, up on a backpacking trip, and decided that i would try another star trail shot. I setup my Canon FTB with a 24mm lens, 200 speed film and opened the shutter, well i only intended to let it go for 7 hours but ended up going for 8 and a half hours. I got lost in the forest trying to find my camera, cause ther were lots of people and i couldn't have anylight around the lens, so anyway here is the turn out, Mind you that the developing was done at a small shop out side of wher i was backpacking, i have not had time to get the true image by going into a full service photo shop, so nothing is color corrected yet, but when it does get fixed you will darn well see it!

Keep on rockin in the free world!

Devin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Expirimented STAR TRAIL-boulder-star-trail-1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by metoliusdmm
    i took this shot in may, up on a backpacking trip, and decided that i would try another star trail shot. I setup my Canon FTB with a 24mm lens, 200 speed film and opened the shutter, well i only intended to let it go for 7 hours but ended up going for 8 and a half hours. I got lost in the forest trying to find my camera, cause ther were lots of people and i couldn't have anylight around the lens, so anyway here is the turn out, Mind you that the developing was done at a small shop out side of wher i was backpacking, i have not had time to get the true image by going into a full service photo shop, so nothing is color corrected yet, but when it does get fixed you will darn well see it!

Keep on rockin in the free world!

Devin
    Well it's been a long time since I've done star trails, but I think I had better luck with smaller apertures/slower film. There's a lot of color in those stars if you don't burn them out.

I Climb Rocks

star trail

i used 200 speed film, are you suesting that i use like 100 or 50. my aperature was 4 i think, thats what i have always used, but yet i still haven't corrected this picture yet, but hey thanks for the advise.

Devin

Thread Information