Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Evolution

Evolution

Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Re: Evolution

Leels,

I like the concept, however, I wish the nearest footprint wasn't cut off and a little more light in the hillock. Perhaps crop the bottom foot print out of the photo.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

I not sure if the cut off foot print bothers me that much or not. It's still a great shot.Did you cut it off on purpose?
    Greg

Seb

I really like the tones and your color rendition. However I must agree with others that the cropped footprint is a little disapointing.

Seb

I like it a lot, but the footprint is weird, I wouldn't worry about it though.

i agree with readingr, crop teh bottom footprint, it looks out of place, but other than that its great, goodjob

GB1

Good idea. I'll echo everyone on the bottom footprint. Just crop it out, it works well w/o it.

I like the photo overall. However, I am a little disappointed by the background being so dark,.. can't see much of what's there. I think this idea would also work with mud and woods

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thanks for the feedback all.

I now hear what you guys are saying about the last footstep. Although I consciencely included it when I was shooting this. I though it would be more continuous with it. As in saying the evolution continues. But I still like your suggestions and since it's unanimous I think I'll rework this image.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Havana Cuba Photography

i can see where your thinking of the continuos evolution, but if your going for that, just crop half the foot

I'll definitely rework this Chris. Thanks again.

btw, you guys can crop or modify my artwork as you wish. I'm not against that, infact I find it helpful. I should put that in my signature.
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

ok cool, mind if i post it on here, see how it looks cropped?

Thread Information