Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

During an exhibition

Thanks for your time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails During an exhibition-exhibition.jpg  

MB1

Re: During an exhibition

You got a nice color combination here and I think you placed the carpet well but the whole image is lacking interest to me. I'm thinking that if you cropped off everything above the first set of bleachers that might help bring more attention to the woman on the right and all the quiet space in front of her.
    No, I DON'T need that.

I totally concur with MB1 .. there is a lot of petential in this shot. It's a good piece of pictirial photography. The carpet, the lone woman seemingly spearated from the people outside, all invite the viewer to enter the story. I like it! The top needs attention as MB1 says - that aside, it is a super image.

Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

i also see the potential of this photo it there was more at the top. i like the colours: the carpet and the seats in the background. i am just trying to imagine what it would look like if there were no persons in the picture.

To tell you the truth, this is a candid shot; I shot it with the camera still hanging down on my neck. The only plan I made was to include that girl in the photo. I shot it with Fuji S6000 which has a 28-300 (135 equivalent) zoom. In my film days the 24mm was my most-used lens, so I have some idea about the coverage of a 28 (i.e., not as wide as a 24 :-) ). A simple walk to the right spot and a press of the shutter and the rest is history. Oh, I did crop out the bottom...to much unplanned empty space there.

One thing I did find about this photo is that: nobody seems to be looking at each other at that particular moment.

Thread Information