Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Down on the corner, Out in the street

heres a shot from the other day, around 7 pm sun starting to go down
    let me know what you think
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

Re: Down on the corner, Out in the street

rylan,

I like the colours taken at the right time of day.

I feel the building needs to be rotate a little to the left to get the corner edge vertical. It is possible to correct the tilt of the building by using PS's transform tool so that all the edges become vertical.

The only other thing that caught my eye is the light encroaching into the frame top left. Clone this out to tidy it up.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

I like the subject and composition. I do think it is to tight at the bottom. I guess you was as far back as you could get?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

yeah i was up against the wall of another building lol couldnt get any further back at all
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Great color and example of the golden hour.
    I'm thinking that if you had moved a little to your right you could have got a shot that wouldn't be so tight in the lower left of the building but I wasn't there so don't know.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

maybe ill try a re shoot haha

This is hyper-realistic, like a surrealistic painting. I love the sharpness and the way the light seems to mold the shape. In the upper left corner there is the left over of somethingthat should be cloned out.

is a street light, and i can never get cloning correct so i didint bother lol if anyone is bored and would like to give it a shot go for it

I LOVE this shot. I hadn't noticed the bit o' street lamp until it was mentioned in other critiques. I am not sure what exactly I like so much, but the picture really grabs me. It might be all the detail in the building or the lighting or . . .

thanks ptax

GB1

Wow, an impressively angled shot. Makes one appreciate the engineering that went into designing and building it, though the perspective does make it seem tilted. You needed one of those tilting film plane cameras (forget what they're called... they're excellent for architectural shots like this.........) And yeah there's definitely something entering the frame up there in the upper left! Very sharp photo, good DOF, great detail.,

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information