Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Does this capture your interest?

This was an image I took when my wife and I had to goto Marin to drop some stuff off, and decided to stop by the hills around the Golden Gate Bridge. Its a little blurry cause the brilliant photographer forgot to get his tripod out of the car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does this capture your interest?-2005-09-23_006.jpg  
    Last edited by mtbbrian; 01-15-2006 at 12:19 PM. Reason: UN Sticking as Featured Photo For 09 Jan 2006
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Re: Does this capture your interest?

I actually like this alot. This makes your mind make up stories on what could be happening. I like everything about it. Very good composition!

I think this shot has good potential. The idea is great and although the shot is a bit too soft and grey, also has a tilt to it, all that could be fixed & strengthened in the post editing.

To me it has an apocalyptic sense almost. It feels like the figure has been hiding in the tunnel or an area that is well protected and is making his/her way back to the surface for the first time.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    This was an image I took when my wife and I had to goto Marin to drop some stuff off, and decided to stop by the hills around the Golden Gate Bridge. Its a little blurry cause the brilliant photographer forgot to get his tripod out of the car
    Leels say it all! lol I like this picture and think that it has serious potential but I would post process it accordingly to Leels suggestions.

regards

Seb

I trust the next time the brilliant photographer will remember the tripod;)

John

I just did a quick blk&white conversion to post up here. After looking at it more and more the more I'm startin to like it. I think this was the first time I forgot to grab the tripod, and now it goes wherever I go
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Of what little you have posted here, I think this is probably the best photograph I have seen from you thus far.
    I like how you placed the person off center and how the shadow stretches through the frame.
    This is a good and interesting photoraph!
    Remember your tripod next time!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Thanks for the comments!

When we first pulled up to this area, I saw the sun going through the tunnel and I knew that is was gonna be a cool photo-op. We got a few other shots of the Golden Gate Bridge and one of the old WWII artillery batteries, but this shot is the one that came out the best. It was also one of the last shots of the day, which for me always seem to be the best.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Congrats on the sticky first of all. This is a really neat image. I think you got it just right on the composition and the lighting. My first impressions kind of echo LeeIs; has kind of an apocalyptic feel to it as though the figure is just now coming back to the surface and the light.

Don't worry, all of us great photogs forgot the tripod every once in awhile. ;)

Great image and congratulations on the sticky! I really like the shadow streching off to the left and the tilt works well.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations!

Herriot

This is a great subject and although it is soft and tilted as pointed out, it is still effective. The long shadow, and strong light are very impactful, but oh how good it would be with some sharp detail in the interior walls. Congrats on the sticky
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information