Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Dialogue VII

Dialogue VII

Another one in the series. Welcome your thoughts. A larger version is at http://gallery.photographyreview.com...ze=big&cat=509.
    yoyo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dialogue VII-kamo-4-640-jpg.jpg  

Re: Dialogue VII

I like it. however i would suggest for panoramics to try standing in the middle of where your going to shoot, this would even out the slope in the buildings (roofs) as it goes to the right.

the part of the building sticking out of the top kinda bothers me to, only alittle bit though. i like the water and the plants in teh foreground though.
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

This might well be the same riverside that you presented to us in letterbox format looking down the river. Maybe not. I enjoyed picking out all the higgeldy pigeldy little buildings and restaurants. Must be viewed in a larger version where we can also pick out the people on the river bank.
    Actually Yoyo, I think a tighter crop from the bottom, just above the weeds, helps this.
    If I was presenting a series on your Dialogues, I think this would be the opening frame.
    I've enjoyed this ongoing dialogue so much.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Hi Tom,
    Yes, it is the same river. I am glad that you mentioned the sequence of the series. I did not plan the series when I posted the first shot. If I could start again, this would be the first shot as you sggested.
    yoyo

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Me again Yoyo,

I second everything Tom said!!! I looked at the larger image size and really enjoy the personal space that the people have amongst each other along the shore. Your frame is the parentheses that is holding them altogether as a group even though they may wish to have separation from the other people on the bank for their own conversations. Very provoking image for the series.
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Hi Dylan, Thanks for pointing out the focal plane which is not parallel to the houses.

Hi LC, Thanks for your interesting perspective about the people groups. I appreciate it.

yoyo

Thread Information