Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Smile a day in colorado

These pictures were all taken on the same day over about a 3 hour span of time. I was out fishing on Ft carson in colorado. Any pointers from the vetrans out there? these were all taken with an Olympus d-540 digital camera.

i choose some great days to go fishin dont i

Army

PS thanks everyone that helped me figure out how to resize photos and how to upload them on here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a day in colorado-5.jpg   a day in colorado-4.jpg   a day in colorado-6.jpg   a day in colorado-3.jpg   a day in colorado-2.jpg  

Re: a day in colorado

There you go, your a fast learner. Your compositions are pretty good. It would be a good idea for you to pick up a photo editing program such as Adobe elements so that you can put some of the final touches on your work. The first is fine but can use a straightening of the horizon. the second one I like alot, but would be better with some more foreground and more detail pulled out of the mountains.
    Please limit your threads to one image per thread unless it is a variation of the same image up for comparison etc.
    Is this your first digital camera? Looking forward to more from you.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

MB1

I'm going to focus on your first image which I think has a lot of potential.......

#1 The horizon isn't level and viewers really notice that. Plus it looks wrong.

#2 You exposed perfectly for the fence/railing which makes it the focal point of the image which is a good choice since it is the most interesting element in the frame.

#3 I'd like to see more fence and about 50% less sky as the sky has nothing important going on and the fence has all sorts of character.

#4 If you focused on the fence so it was very sharp and everything else was softer you would end up with a really strong image.

So get back out there and shoot more!

BTW I like the skies in your other images but think you should have gotten even closer to the plant in your final shot.
    No, I DON'T need that.

GB1

AW - I'll try not to cover what MB and Gary already did. One thing that always helps any photographer is considering exactly what you are trying to show the viewer before you shoot. The first shot I am not sure about, though the others seem self explanatory. You might want to eliminate the foreground road in those photos, it really doesn't add much other than to provide another plane. The bottom shot, I think if there were some flowers blooming on the stalks that it would work better. I like how the background is blurred, but the front stem is a little too soft here. I see your technical execution is getting better though - keep shooting, it's the best way to learn.
    G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Live and learn ....then try luvs Just Kidding,. yea if i can get back there this year before we move ill try and reshoot these pictures but its not likley. on the bright side theres going to be a whole new range of shots for me to get that i never have once i get to oklahoma. Thanks everyone
    Army

Thread Information