Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Curtain Fold 1

Curtain Fold 1

First of a series of experimental shots I took of the curtains in my home; bad light, no tripod, lots of camera shake, noise added etc and knowing that lots of post processing will be applied.
    I would like to hear your thoughts.
    Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Curtain Fold 1-fold1.jpg  
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

GB1

Re: Curtain Fold 1

Nice color. Different, alright. Did you intentionally add the shake? It seems a little like a waving American flag without the white.

I'm wondering if it would work better with the blue cropped out?

Or, add some white!

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

What was you intention when you took this photograph? It has an impressionist feel.

Cheers,

Jim B.
    Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.

George Burns

Tom, I've come back to this a few times. I like everything about it, but I cannot get comfortable with the shake effect going on in this. The framing and comp i like. . .I dig the colors and vibrancy of the subject but wish i could see the texture of the curtains. It seems to be growing on me, but I do not think i can finally accept the effect of the shake in this.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

GB; Thanks for taking the time to comment.No the shake was not added intentionally but I knew it would be inevitable giving the methods, or lack of, I choose to use. Basically the idea was to experiment and cast all tools and rules to one side. I suppose you could classify these as snapshots or accidents where salvage would be required.
    One day I might re-do these and do things "correctly"; tripod, accurate exposures and sharpness etc.
    Jbaldocchi; Thanks to you also. I think the above answers your question.
    Gary; Thanks for giving this a good chance and I appreciate the problem you have with this.
    I will post a little set to give more of an idea of what I was up to ..

Thanks all again
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Thread Information