Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: cross

cross

I took this at a Church in West Des Moines, Iowa. I weighs 4,500 pounds and is 26 feet tall and nearly 15 feet wide

let me know what you think of the black and white/ color, and i have not edited these since some how photoshop has been deleted from my computer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cross-cross-edit.jpg   cross-dsc_0214.jpg  

Re: cross

Between the two as they are? I'd pick the color one. If I am to edit it, I'd rotate the photo counter-clockwise a bit.

MB1

I think the B&W has the most potential with some editing but as presented the color holds my interest more.
    No, I DON'T need that.

of the two, I'd pick the second. However, without your description I really wouldn't get a sense of scale for this cross. I suppose that would be my critique; that while taking the picture and being there to perceive how large this cross is, the photographic observer has no sense of that. I'm also distracted from the rest of the photo by the highlight on the lower protrusion at the bottom of the cross. I understand what you were going for though.

Thread Information