Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Creativity or rules_standards

I simply invited you to state things which you have wanted to.

You used:
    Silly - exhibiting a lack of wisdom
    could come across as harsh

You stated:
    Obviously you don't know.

While true, your posts tend to come across very harsh.

Would it have been less silly suggesting that you added a hill?

hill - n. a small heap, pile, or mound

You stated:
    Which also shows they have either no eye for detail...negatively critique

The only reason for my previous reply is that you feel the need to repeatedly bring up and correct what others state. How many times does it take to explain that someone is wrong?

The sad part is that for the most part (about 95%) of the time I completely agree with what you post. However, it is in your delivery. There is an arrogance in many of your statements. What you certainly don't seem to understand is that there's at least one person (probably more, I can only speak for myself) that would like to learn from any experience you may have.

True teachers do not talk down to students in ANY form.

There's no need to respond, I'm through. I do hope you take this post as I intend it. As a request for your help and insight in the future, but in a manner befitting a fellow human.

Quote Originally Posted by payn817
    I simply invited you to state things which you have wanted to.

You used:
    Silly - exhibiting a lack of wisdom
    could come across as harsh.
    Well, payne to describe a comment that I used "a million filters" as "silly" is probably understating it. What term would you use?

You stated:
    Obviously you don't know.

While true, your posts tend to come across very harsh. .
    What you are saying here, payne is that it is OK and not "harsh" to make a criticism that is silly in the case of "a million filters" or not based on any knowledge of Photoshop, but it is "very harsh" of me to respond with the same bluntness. (Does this sound reasonable and objective?)

Would it have been less silly suggesting that you added a hill?

hill - n. a small heap, pile, or mound.
    Gee you have a hangup on this. How many times do I need to repeat that neither a mountain a hill or an island was added?

The only reason for my previous reply is that you feel the need to repeatedly bring up and correct what others state. How many times does it take to explain that someone is wrong?.
    Obviously a lot. See the statement immediately above your quote.

As I said before, like my photos, stop reading into my posts what is not there. About the only thing that you will find in some of my posts is an intolerance for less than intelligent attitudes and sloppy illogical thinking. (That comes from my experience with teaching gifted and talented students.)

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Accepted photo standards in technique and composition are the tools used to judge photo quality.

Ronnoco, you have turned what should be a simple debate or constructive dialogue into a mud slinging fest, with you throwing much of the mud. You have even taken shots at me in post #48, unprovoked. My comments and opinions are my own, I stand by them, and so there is no need to defend them. They are simply how I feel and you can agree or disagree. I find myself in disagreement with much of what you critique, and I'm sure it goes vice-versa.
    Please find it within yourself to be more tactful and less offensive in your dialogue with the members here.
    btw, Leels did not claim that you used a"million filters" if you re read what was written.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Okay, I'm going to go the other way...

I like the first version of this, as is. PS'd and all. It'd look great on a t-shirt. And that right there, is the definition of art. Can you put it on a t-shirt? Yes? Then it's art!
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Neither image does it for me. I don't find that they evoke anything in me, either aesthetically, emotionally or artistically. And I can't say the composition or effects grab me.

That said...

I'm going to jump in here and say that I, too, don't care for your "critiques". You may offer some good points but your delivery and lack of diplomacy are so demeaning, that I've decided I'd rather not know those good points than read the form they take. I've actually placed you on my ignore list after seeing how this thread was developing. I don't care to ever read another of your opinions again! You could do much to discourage a beginner because you lash out so ruthlessly. It takes a while for someone to grow a thick enough skin to take the hard "truths" you put out, but you aren't taking that into consideration. You are simply too harsh. And yet when you are critiqued, you take offense that we lesser folk would dare to find fault with you. Your work is good but it's not THAT good, if your gallery is any example. You say that your mother was a great artistic photographer, and so you know what good photography is. My sister is a great opera singer but that does't mean I can carry a tune. In spite of being exposed to her work for most of my life.

You have so much to offer. I wish you would simply bring yourself down a notch or two and soften the blows a wee bit. Take into consideration the person's skill level, and present your view as appropriate.
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information