Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: In the Country

In the Country

Another Pano, three shots.

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: In the Country

Another great pano, Greg. Nice capture of the trail of the bales, I can even a third one way down by the dirt road. The slope really helps the shot from being too heavy on the right. Nice sky too. So, great lines, colors and composition.

Liz

Greg,

Great shot. I really like the composition here. Colors are great - love the slope and the trees on the right.

Liz

Thanks Arne, Thanks Liz. I got lucky with the hay. I have been wanting to shot a sunrise here for a long time cause of the trees on the right and the road. The hay just happen to be there, my luck. This is on the side of a country road but what traffic does go by is very fast and also in a bad curve. I had to take my son to drop me off and come back and get me after I was finished. There is no where to park.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

The composition and colours are perfect. Just great.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Simple, sweet and smooth pleasing colors and tone...wouldn't change a thing.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Love this shot Greg, nothing to critique...

GB1

Nice. Being more of a country boy than city kid, I find this shot inherently relaxing. The colors, horizontal format, subjects, vanishing point (well, road to the left) all work.

Areas for improvement: I can't seem to get past that haystack being dead centered, but, not sure a crop will solve that, for I think the left side objects are good for the photo. It is also too soft for a landscape shot, meaning that it really should have been shot w/ a tripod and be razor sharp. What's up with that...?
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thanks all. GB I have a cropped version as well with the hay bale on the left. I may has not sharpened the resize as much the original is sharp. I used a tripod an am even manually focusing now a days I find my images are sharper that way. I am working harder to raise the IQ thing.LOL

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information