Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Converging verticals.

I am wondering if converging verticals work in this photo. I had to shoot with the camera pointing up to include the building and the sky. I tried shooting level but I got large portion of foreground which has no interest. I used LR5 to straighten the verticals. Had I straightened it 100% the building looked weird. Any thoughts?

Converging verticals.-dsc_3226.jpg

Re: Converging verticals.

Well distortion is a personal thing. I do wish it had a little more foreground but you have to deal with the hand your dealt. There are some great skewing tools in PhotoShop and the tower could easily be straightened up. If you wanted to. I don't think it's to bad now as sometimes distortion doesn't hurt.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

It doesn't work for me, but as Greg said, it is a personal thing. If there were several large converging objects that filled the frame, I think it might work better.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by ksbryan0 View Post
    It doesn't work for me, but as Greg said, it is a personal thing. If there were several large converging objects that filled the frame, I think it might work better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    Well distortion is a personal thing. I do wish it had a little more foreground but you have to deal with the hand your dealt. There are some great skewing tools in PhotoShop and the tower could easily be straightened up. If you wanted to. I don't think it's to bad now as sometimes distortion doesn't hurt.
    It had a little more foreground before the correction was done in LR5.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thread Information