Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Columbus statue

Columbus statue

My first HDR. Tell me what to improve please.

Thank you.

Re: Columbus statue

I'm definitely getting a close up on the statue tomorrow night or whenever possible...but as far as colors, saturation, etc, etc...what should I improve?

I haven't had too much success with HDR myself but I think the lack of detail in the statue and the treeline looking painted hurts this one.

This is definitely on the 'too much' side of things. I haven't had much success with HDR either so I really can't wait advice on ways to improve this but to say, don't do as much next time. I've always liked HDR's that look natural rather than the painty types. I think HDR was first made to pull info from both the shadows and highlights and combine for a great shot as the eye saw when one was there. But like anything there are those that in my opinion have gone too far with it and hence a lot of people think HDR is about the painty type shots nowadays. So yeah a little less would work for me. Nice try though.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

I know I overdid it, that's for sure...like caleb said, the trees would be one of those things. I just want to know what I should improve on.

Thanks a lot caleb and Leels.

At the time of day you took this I would think you could have pulled it off without it being an HDR. Can you post a non HDR exposure?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

fwiw, i think the ground and foundation and pillars look good! I think a solution would be to use less of your exposures? for me, the ones that ended up most realistic were done with 2-3 instead of 7-8

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

If you were going for abstract it works.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

This was taken around 8pm (in Puerto Rico it starts getting dark around 6pm).

I'll post a non HDR exposure tomorrow morning.

Thread Information