Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Cliffs 2

GB1

Cliffs 2

I was eager to catch that bird in the scene ...

G

Cliffs 2-dsc_7986_1200.jpg
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Cliffs 2

Great shot

Greg, I like the colors and texture of the first image best, but the perspective and the bird of this one make it a more interesting shot...but I would be tempted to "move" the bird to the other image, and brighten up cliff face of that shot and maybe saturate the stone a bit. Between the two, there just might be a pretty unique composition.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by ksbryan0 View Post
    Greg, I like the colors and texture of the first image best, but the perspective and the bird of this one make it a more interesting shot...but I would be tempted to "move" the bird to the other image, and brighten up cliff face of that shot and maybe saturate the stone a bit. Between the two, there just might be a pretty unique composition.
    Ken, That's an idea there, though the more I look at the Cliff 1 pic, the less I like it. It's just too pedestrian. This one has a little more punch and the bird adds a strange twist -- wish this was an old dilapidated building, the bird would add some evil to the scene

G

My Site

Look fantastic!

Nice shot! The bird makes the entire screen to life.

GB the bird makes this one. I wish it were a little further from the cliff. Very nice.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

GB1

Thanks Greg. Yeah a little farther away would have been better. It's more discreet this way though, makes you look twice.

My Site

Have you thought of moving the bird about where the first cliff ends - move the bird backwards which would balance the shot better.

I like the photo.

I liken this to photographing boats where you need space for the boat to move into.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Thread Information