Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: City Streets

GB1

City Streets

What many have to look forward to...?

Kodachrome 64 slide film... I took it in Feb 96 from my office building at L'Enfant Plaza in downtown Washington DC, but just got around to scanning it.

does it have a good urban feel?

Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: City Streets

I like this a lot. Great mood, lighting, etc. Love the street light and the two anonymous silhouettes toward the center.

What I'm not sure I like are the various items which are cut off, some more noteworthy than others: the building logo on the right, the man at the top, the newspaper vending machine, and whatever that is next to the rightmost sign on the bottom. Probably not at great big deal; just pointing them out. Is this cropped from an original?

Very cool, either way.

GB1

Thanks Drew, it is not cropped at all. Excellent pts though - it would be a better image w/o those clip offs, as there is something somewhat annoying about those. I wish I had zoomed in just a little farther (although from memory, I was on a high enough floor where I was probably already at max zoom).

This pic made me think. I never do shots like this, of city life, people vs. weather or time or each other, and when I look at it, I realize there's a lot of potential for such shots. I can almost hear the cars beeping and the tires rolling over slush. You never see this in S. Cali, unless you head to the mountains on the infrequent days they have snow.

G

My Site

GB1,

Great mood and feel to this picture. The more I look at it, the more eerie it gets. Those patches of sidewalk not covered by snow looks like ominous shadows of ghosts (that is if ghosts have shadows). The footprints add to that effect-- a reminder of those who once walked the same path.

Man, I'm thinking I'd like to see this in high contrast black and white.

Nice gritty feel. I agree a high contrast B&W might work.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Well, this shot doesn't really have a lot of color to begin with. May be you can heed your own advice this time and turn it into a true monochrome , GB

love the mood and the angle

Did you remove the photo, Greg? I see the image link is still there but I don't see the image here or if I paste the URL in my address bar.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

GB1

PJ - Back now; I guess the website went down temporarily.

My Site

Thread Information