Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: City Streets 2

GB1

City Streets 2

Downtown LA ...

Comments?

Name:  DSC_3580_Edit1_1200.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  183.5 KB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: City Streets 2

There is a lot to look at here, but my attention is constantly being drawn to the bright colors of the signage, and the people get lost. I wonder if an angled perspective would have helped "lift" the people out of the background, and maybe lessened the full-on distraction of the storefront?
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

I think it is a very good street shot. Lots segments and lines to follow, good color and interesting figure on the right observing. Nice moment.

Love this Greg, really cool street shot, and a strong narrative. It looks a little soft though possibly cropping issue. I would like to see this a bit sharper and more contrasty
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

GB1

Tks fellows. Matt (Adamo)and I got together recently and hit LA all day on a Saturday, entirely the downtown area. Quite interesting.. I'd do it again, as the grittiness makes for some good photos.

This one was cropped quite a bit. I shot almost the whole day with my 24-70mm for the better quality, but this proved to be a poor choice: I needed more range, so should have used my 24-120mm. Ken, I shot this from pretty far away, didn't know how they would take me being right up there, but your low angle idea's a good one.

Here's an adjusted version, and the unedited original. There's just so many ways to crop this one, creating very different scenes and statements.................

City Streets 2-dsc_3580_edit1_1169.jpg

City Streets 2-dsc_3580_800.jpg
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Looks like a very interesting scene, different from any other street photos. More like a gangland movie scene, that makes it interesting.

When I look at the photo, I find myself confused and divided by either the left hand side shop with darker colour or the right hand side bright yellows with the lone man standing.
    I thought that, either cropping to show only the left part or show only right part.

With left part only, it looks cool with the "activities" going on, sort of like some street discussion of homeboys, and the look of the shop fits perfectly with the character.

With the right part only, it looks great as well, the lone man standing looks quite well matched and well positioned against the background of window frames.

Thread Information