Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    learning member

Children playing

I got these two shots of children playing , trying to use a different angle when they were sliding down .
    Do you think it work ?

Thanks
    james
    Attached Images Attached Images   

misanthrope
    Quote Originally Posted by jcharris
    I got these two shots of children playing , trying to use a different angle when they were sliding down .
    Do you think it work ?

Thanks
    james
    Yes! Finally some kid photos taken from the right perspective! I love these except for one thing- I can't see the slider's faces in either one. Other than that, they're great. The angle is exactly what I would want to see and the primary colors and bowed lines from the wide lens really add fun to the images. People take all these kid pics from standing adult height and call them great shots. What they really mean is that they are good visual memory cues to make them sentimentally recall their own childhoods. I'd rather see a pic that really looks like what a kid would see if he was standing there, and how he might interpret the scene- less DOF helps sometimes. But here, you've done it- just let us see the kids' faces and they'll be perfect!
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

James , I think you done well here. I especially like the first one because all the children are looking down at you from all different angles and postures, and they all look to be having a good time. And the colors are great to go with this fun scene. The blue sky behind the colorful jungle gym. All the children managed to get their faces just out from behind the one in front of them to be seen. All there needs to be visible is a "Gap" label on one of their clothing and this could be used in an add shot. The second one is ok but her outfit is blown out from the light and I don't agree with her legs cutting out. Great.
    btw, are these cropped any, if so i would like to see the uncropped version
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

I will add that , just my opinion, but i like the sliders face being covered partially. Adds something to the feel of it. Can't explain it but it seems to go well with the whole picture
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

learning member
    Outdoorsman :

Thank you for looking and your comments on the photo's . I was also thinking to get some more of their faces . It was fun shooting this shots with these children !

Greetings
    james

learning member
    Hi Gary

Thanks for your comments ! I did not crop the last photo . I think i could have zoomed in a bit too much in there . I did not notice the legs were cut out .You are right there , it would have looked better if the legs were not cut off . I will keep that in mind next time .
    Thanks .

Greetings
    james

I really like the first one, the kids all looking down makes it a really interesting shot. Love the colors and the new perspective!
    Take care, Eva

learning member
    Hello Eva

Thank you for looking and your comments !

Regards
    james

Thread Information