Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Catholic Church in China

Guangzhou Shishi Catholic Church,which survived the roits of Communist Culture Revolution in 1911
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Catholic Church in China-church-01.jpg   Catholic Church in China-church-02.jpg   Catholic Church in China-church-03.jpg   Catholic Church in China-church-04.jpg   Catholic Church in China-church-05.jpg  

Re: Catholic Church in China

Nice set of pictures...

The first recorded use of the term "Catholic Church" was around 110 AD in a letter from St. Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans.

This church architecture is quite similar to a church in Guadalajara, even the interior

On the first shot the church seems to be leaning a bit to the right

Thanks Armando,problem of my unbalance vision

I really like you work Richard I have been watching your gallery for some time. I agree with the comment they seem to be leaning to the right.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I like the play of colours on the brick work from the stained windows .....

Most of the Catholic churches that I've been in (spain) seem quite dark and depressing , you've caught good light there ...

Thank you Greg & Tancus.
    I took this photos about 3 pm,I was lucky that the Church is facing west and the sun was very bright,the hottest day recorded in China

Despite the lean in the first shot, I really like the story being told here. The young artist adds a lot to this shot. Love the interiors, especially the 3rd with just the chandeliers and stained glass.

GB1

Thanks for posting these - they're informative. I think this place would be ideal for a super wide angle lens. Not sure the compositions are too great as is, there seems to be too many competing lines and tilts. One of those tilt shift lenses would be ideal (but who the heck has one of those..?). That being, I find the top one the best, with a nice human element. It reminds me of Paris for whatever reason.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thank you,jetrim and GB1,photo no:2 and photo no: 5 were taken with AF-S Nikon14-24 mm 1:2.8 G ED lens,I don't own tilt shift lens ,thanks for your comment.

It is difficult to imagine the decoration of the temple without church furniture. The graceful carvings are decorated with carvings with special Orthodox symbols. Each parish is justly proud of its magnificent carved lecterns, iconostases, candle cabinets. If you are looking for this kind of furniture, here is a good website https://www.wattsandco.com/collectio...ch-furnishings for all church furnishings uk.

The graceful carvings are decorated with carvings with special Orthodox symbols. Each parish is justly proud best massage near me of its magnificent carved lecterns, iconostases, candle cabinets.

Thread Information