Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Cat In The Cold

Cat In The Cold

here is a shot of the stray cat that is around my parents house!
    let me know what you think
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

Re: Cat In The Cold

Adequate depth of field and good light really bring out the texture in the hair and separate your subject from the background. But I think you should have zoomed in on the face (and captured less of the body). The eyes really dominate this composition and I think they should be brought out more. That's my opinion. Let's see what others say.

I agree with Freedom. More face less body. It is a great picture. I wonder if you could get a picture of the cat looking at the camera. Cats definatly arnt the easiest subjects.
    Army

she doesnt sit still lol, shes scared of my camera she runs when she sees me coming. this was taken under my deck through the stairs lol
    i thought the lighting was decent for being under the deck, the sun was shining right under the deck too!
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

MB1

I like it as is. Nice focus on the eyes and great detail on the hair.

I wouldn't even suggest a crop!
    No, I DON'T need that.

Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    I like it as is. Nice focus on the eyes and great detail on the hair.

I wouldn't even suggest a crop!

thanks mb, i love it the way it is too im doing better with my focusing and such haha

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I'm thinking I wouldn't crop to the face either as the whole shot shows better what she is..a bedraggled wet stray. I'd be feeding and trying to get myself in her good graces.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

were feeding here she was so skinny when she first came around, and now shes got a little belly on here. my mom and dad are gonna take her in once some bills get paid of so they can get her fixed and de clawed so she doesnt kill the furnature like our other cat

I'd third the suggestion to crop. Right now it's a bit too much of the body. It makes this cat image looks kind of strange to me. After the crop, I would also rotate it a bit.

But, I probably wouldn't suggest a crop if it were an image of the entire cat.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

The image is so huge that I only see up to where the diagonal of the shadow reaches the top of her back. It looks good cropped to there
    A fair amount of norwegian forest cat in this one, I think, rather than maine coon.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    The image is so huge that I only see up to where the diagonal of the shadow reaches the top of her back. It looks good cropped to there
    A fair amount of norwegian forest cat in this one, I think, rather than maine coon.

i apologize, my monitor is a wide screen one on my laptop! ill shrink em down a lil smaller next time!

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Strange......it isn't that huge on my monitor and I can see the whole thing without scrolling. 17 inch
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

I am in the crop camp...May I suggest a ''TAD'' of sharpening?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Thread Information