Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Castle

Castle

Well my 1st contribution so go easy on me - just getting my head around this camera lark....

Re: Castle

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum. I have the feeling that the photo was taken in the morning. I imagine I can hear some birds singing. It gives a very cozy atmsphere as the colours are very soothing. I wish the lower part of the shot extends a bit more to cover more brushes and lamp poles. It appears to me that the sharpening is a bit too much. Please post more. Thanks for sharing.
    yoyo

Welcome to the forum! I am sure that you will enjoy your time here and learn a great deal from receiving input on your own images as well as providing critique on the photos of others.

The small amount of cloud poking out from behind the castle are a little distracting, I wish that they could be a bit higher in the sky, perhaps if they had moved on it might have helped. Super lamp post in the foreground, would like to see this playing a larger part in the image as currently it is a bit lost against its background.

Which castle is this? Bamburgh?

Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing more from you soon.

Herriot

Nice shot. I like the color and exposure. I wish there were more clouds. I don't like seeing the street lamp blocking the castle in anyway. Your photo makes me want to be there.

Welcome to the boards.....keep it coming.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Insert something witty here.. yogestee's Avatar

Welcome to the cauldron ajbird,,,,I like it..Great saturated colours and vivid blue sky..Compostion is good and its sharp as a tack..It appears to me by the way the image is compressed it has been taken with a short tele lens..It kind of reminds me of the photos on chocolate boxes or even post cards..Yes the light posts do interfere with the castle a bit..

Jurgen
    Australia
    Falang dung nyai

Please don't edit my images without my permission.

Thanks for your feed back. I agree with most of what you put - especially the bit about over shapness - i always over process images and dont know when to stop - guess it all comes wiht practice.

This is the original image

here

as you can see my canon failed dismally to catch what was a beautiful sky so i did waht i normally have to do and took another pic of the sky and added it later. now that i finally understand the menu i will have to get used to taking multiple exposure shots which should give much better skys

you can see the reason that i had to chop off the bottom of the lamp posts due to the gastly road signs present

i think i might change the sky as suggested and remove that lamp post as suggested

thanks all

andy

Thread Information