Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Capitol Reef Fremont Gorge hike part 2

Here's where you end up after you get past the big rock. Two big sediment seams meet on this trail and the ground goes from red to yellow (just to the side of the big rock I had one foot on red rock, one on yellow). It's an amazing place. We didn't see a soul, hardly even footprints. The silence was precious.

The canyons on this part of the river are drastically different than the red ones from the beginning of the hike - just 2 1/2 miles away.

The second shot is looking down from near the top of the canyon, back across the entire area we just hiked (you can see the plateau in the distance beyond the big rock).

I'm interested in all comments...!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capitol Reef Fremont Gorge hike part 2-fremont-gorge-overlook-old-juniper.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Capitol Reef Fremont Gorge hike part 2

These are two more very interesting shots. I would make the same suggestions about these pictures as the previous ones. These shots really contain some beautiful color. The last shot is my favorite of the bunch, what a beautiful place you had the opportunity to visit.

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed looking at them all.

Greg

Re: Capitol Reef Fremont Gorge hike part 2

New and improved? Again, adjusted levels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capitol Reef Fremont Gorge hike part 2-fremont-gorge-overlook-old-juniper.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information