Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Cant Park Here.

Cant Park Here.

Hope this works, let me know if it doesnt. (image might just be in my temporary internet files)
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Tel

Re: Cant Park Here.

Works fine.

But as far as the picture goes, It seems more like a snapshot. If the Fence and Parking meter are the foreground, then the background is really distracting.

Also, I hope you dont mind, but I'm gonna convert it to B&W to see what its like.

Canon Digital Rebel with Quantray 19-35 F3.5-4.5 basically Glued on. :P

Tel

Got it. I honestly think this looks quite a bit better (No offense if I offend you)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cant Park Here.-cantpark.jpg  

no offense taken! Thanks.

I saw a sliver of humor in the parking meter and wanted to capture that, the construction in the background was intended.

Is it the stuff through the window that you find distracting or the stuff in general? (maybe the orange fence)

The construction has progressed quite a bit since I took that picture, but the weather is clear now.

Let me know how I can improve it, I like the looks of the BW version.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

For whatever reason i can not see the original, but tel i saw your take on it.... and is it B&W or more sepia, dark brownish type of color?

I aint saying anything anyway until I see the original! :cryin:
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

I can see the reason for taking the photo, but unfortunately the original has too many distractions for me. The version tel put up is better in the colours is taken out but it still doesn't work for me because of all the clutter.

Now if you had the edge of a pavement (sidewalk in American) then that would add interest and humour. As it stands its just a meter behind a fence as if its being stored.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusK
    For whatever reason i can not see the original, but tel i saw your take on it.... and is it B&W or more sepia, dark brownish type of color?

You have an adblocker on?
    Here's a link to it.
    http://flickr.com/photos/mistayuck/367566276/

Roger, thanks for the tip, I'll be walkin by it today so I'll bring my camera with me. (gotta do that anyway for the winter 24 hrs.)
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yuck
    You have an adblocker on?

Roger, thanks for the tip, I'll be walkin by it today so I'll bring my camera with me. (gotta do that anyway for the winter 24 hrs.)
    Rats, I forgot it was today. Oh well I'll wait till the next one.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Tel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yuck
    no offense taken! Thanks.

I saw a sliver of humor in the parking meter and wanted to capture that, the construction in the background was intended.

Is it the stuff through the window that you find distracting or the stuff in general? (maybe the orange fence)

The construction has progressed quite a bit since I took that picture, but the weather is clear now.

Let me know how I can improve it, I like the looks of the BW version.
    Yeah, Its mostly the stuff through the window, and the loose cropping on the sides.

But yeah, It looked kinda like you were trying to make it an image that people would look at and say "Hey, For some reason thats a kinda funny picture."

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusK

Its simple, I desaturated it, Messed with the color tones til I found that, Then moved one of the Level sliders a little bit.

Thread Information