Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

cancer survival memorial

cancer survival memorial from
    my day in chicago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cancer survival memorial-cancer.jpg  

MEMBERS, READ THIS: sears tower

^^you sure are posting that a lot.

On to the pic. I find it kind of bleak, nothing really jumps out at me, it's kind of dull, the gray tones are all the same, there's just nothing going on or interesting, you know? Where is this? what kind of camera etc. did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by dastardly
    ^^you sure are posting that a lot.
    Not a lot, just a few times.

You're the only one who commented twice on HifiJohn's latest posts that included my URL.

Can I ask you a question? Did you read what the URL in my post is all about and if so, why do you continue to comment on his images, because it really doesn't make any sense to me!

Oh, he is looking for feedback, not a link to why no one is giving him feedback. Isn't that the point of this whole forum??? Or do you not want me to comment at all?

P.S. GO FLAMES

Quote Originally Posted by dastardly
    Oh, he is looking for feedback, not a link to why no one is giving him feedback. Isn't that the point of this whole forum?
    Ok, turn up the airconditioner if it's too hot, get yourself a cool glass of water, take your shoes off, find yourself the best chair and with the glass in one hand, you click on the URL mentioned in my post.

Then you lean back and you read what's on the screen 5 times.

Maybe then you'll understand why your comment "not a link to why no one is giving him feedback" is considered rather amusing by probably everybody on this forum, including HifiJohn!

With a little bit of luck (crossing fingers here) you will also understand why people who HAVE commented on his posts, stopped doing that. ;)

Question; they do have reading classes in BC or don't they? :P

I rode the short bus to school :***(

Why do the have ....

Quote Originally Posted by hifijohn
    cancer survival memorial from
    my day in chicago
    ... a memorial for the survivors?

We just can't have nice things... darkrainfall's Avatar
    I think it's for all the pain they've suffered? I don't know...
    I saw it up there as well, when I was in chicago last weekend... I just didn't think to ask that question...

Quote Originally Posted by Wings
    Ok, turn up the airconditioner if it's too hot, get yourself a cool glass of water, take your shoes off, find yourself the best chair and with the glass in one hand, you click on the URL mentioned in my post.

Then you lean back and you read what's on the screen 5 times.

Maybe then you'll understand why your comment "not a link to why no one is giving him feedback" is considered rather amusing by probably everybody on this forum, including HifiJohn!

With a little bit of luck (crossing fingers here) you will also understand why people who HAVE commented on his posts, stopped doing that. ;)

Question; they do have reading classes in BC or don't they? :P
    Wings,
    I realized this some time back and gave him the benefit of some contructive comments, even praise a few times. But then decided also not to comment any longer until there is other activity on his part. The rule of the forum here is to comment on as many threads as you start. I make it a point to comment on more, many more than I start. I really think it should be comment on at least three for every one started
    Hopefully he will come around and give something back as he has posted some nice shots and would be cool to have him around.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

I agree Gary.

In a way it's sad, that someone who shows every once in a while that he has an eye for photography, that he refuses to share his knowledge with others.
    He could help so many with their strugles, to gain more selfconfidence, to gain more pleasure and joy and I consider that one of the most beautiful things we as human beings can do in our life. I guess not everybody is seeing it that way, like I said... sad.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

My Thoughts,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Wings
    I agree Gary.

In a way it's sad, that someone who shows every once in a while that he has an eye for photography, that he refuses to share his knowledge with others.
    He could help so many with their strugles, to gain more selfconfidence, to gain more pleasure and joy and I consider that one of the most beautiful things we as human beings can do in our life. I guess not everybody is seeing it that way, like I said... sad.
    The thing you must take into consideration though, it that while someone might have the confidence to post images here, they might not necessarily have the confidence to comment on others images... Constructive criticism probably takes a lot more time to developed than an eye for taking photographs, and I'd probably say that for some it takes longer to developed through the anonymity of the web.
    So perhaps there are a lot of posters who will developed their voice by posting images and learning how others give and maybe even take constructive criticism..

Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    The thing you must take into consideration though, it that while someone might have the confidence to post images here
    I agree Brian, but that's not the major topic here. You tell me what stops him from at least posting that one magic word after 68 (!) photographs he posted, it's called T H A N K S

Anyhow, I don't want to drag this on forever. My last posts in this thread were just replies to people who commented on this subject.

To HifiJohn I want to say: "I already felt good about myself, but you made me feel even better! Thanks John boy" ;)

For me the topic is closed.

Thread Information