Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

A bug that wants out?

This is my car, its an early volks beetle, Last night when i walked by i saw this and new that i had to get a quick shot.
    Taken at 1/100sec at f/3.5 with ISO100.
    What do you think? i was upset because when i first saw ti the sky was brighter but by the time id set up it was dull, oh well i'll keep it in mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A bug that wants out?-bug.jpg  

I think I see

what you saw but a bit less bug and a bit more sky and detail in the trees and greens would be good... the colors with the blue of the bug and the gorgeous sunset should make for a nice pic. the flash kinda messes this shot up...others can tell you specifics about the technical stuff...was your camera set on auto?

BTW what's up with the carrot and toothpick...I'd like to really look at your work when you post but I have to be honest and say that it's a bit "distracting" (not the word taht came to mind--but the best I can do...Any explanation for your drive and need to have it for an avatar would greatly appreciated.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

i dont really know, thats all carrot no toothpick, he he, might change it as your not the only one whos mentioned it!

perhaps im the only one who thinks its funny! oh well

Played

well this is what i came up with thanks to the suggestions, i think it looks ok now?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A bug that wants out?-107_0728.jpg  

Thread Information