Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Bonsai at Denver Botanic Gardens

Re: Bonsai at Denver Botanic Gardens

...sorry, not sure why photobucket is not giving a larger image and making you go there to see it. I will try to figure it out.

It's easier if you just upload them here to the forums. That way you know for sure they're going to post correctly, too.

I did check it out on Photobucket and I can see why you took the picture. It's a very interesting bonsai tree. I like the subject a lot. I do feel like the overall image is a bit dark, though. I also found the vignetting, which I assume you added, very distracting. It doesn't look natural and takes my attention away from the tree. Like I said, I think it's a good subject so I think it's worth processing again or even reshooting. Why did you add the vignetting, anyway? What were you trying to accomplish with it?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I would agree the vignetting is too much. I am not really a fan of vignettes unless they are very subtle, and even then, it really depends on the subject. The tree is beautiful however, and you captured it well. I think it would look much better without the vignette.

Thread Information