Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Blue eyes

Blue eyes

This was for my sons 9 month shots. He is really washed out and I played around with PSE to try to fix it but it dulled down the eyes a bit much for my taste. And I am shocked he was this washed out when it is such an overcast day.

Played with it a little more and got this
    Newbie to DSLRs, loving my Canon T1i-a recent upgrade from my first camera love-PowerShot A640

Feel free to ask me to edit my photos!

Re: Blue eyes

I have my share of photos like this .... In my experience with cases like this, where you want the face to be sharp and with good exposure I'll usually will use spot metering, even more when the subject contrast vs the background is intense.

The focus appears to be on the closest thing the camera though it should focus, in this case it seems to be the seat belt, I usually use single spot focus and set it on the subject I'm interest in, very seldom do I let the camera decide where to focus, unless I have a cluttered image and I'm shooting a wide angle.

Also when there is little time before the subject becomes impatient, and when I'm not using my VR lens, I set the speed and aperture in manual exposure and let the camera select the ISO.
    Also 1/60 maybe slow to freeze a sudden movement, I'll use 1/125 or 1/250.

Shooting a series of images also increases the possibility of getting a really sharp one.

All this tips I have read here in this community from multiple members

Hope I make sense

Thread Information