Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Blue Door

Blue Door

This is something I just love. I find it so interesting. It is in my MIL backyard, I think I need to try this shot on a tripod to make it a little clearer.......anything else I can do to make it better?

Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Digitally Challenged - Bonkers Kaelastreet's Avatar

Re: Blue Door

This is gonna sound odd, but replace the red housebricks with granites or blue slates. It does not need the red in the picture.
    Kizz

Nothing is ever as it seems to be

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

My feedback is much the same. Except I was going to say crop above the red bricks. But replacing them would work too. The reason I say remove them is they break up the consistent blue/cool tone of the image, which is otherwise outstanding. The other suggestions I have I think your tripod will fix. Slightly sharper with lower grain will fix it I think. Also, watch for interesting light to fall on it too.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

I might be able to clone them out but it is not my yard so I cannot replace them It was a pretty gloomy day, I think that some sun might lead to a better picture. Thank you so much for your replies!!
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Definitely a neat subject here. I think there are a few crops that you might be able to work with and make some interesting shots, but that all comes down to personal preference and what you're trying to accomplish. Great potential!

I agree with everyone else. Love the blue in the flowers and bucket and the little figures above, complements the door nicely.
    Meg

Thread Information