Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Biltmore Estates

Just got back from a quick 8 day vacation to NC, GA. disappointed in that I didn't have that many photo ops. Actually did not use the tripod once, had a great time though with the wife.
    This set is from the Biltmore Mansion Estates in Asheville, NC built by the Vanderbilt's in 1893, Just an incredible site 250 rooms on over 8,000 acres, unfortunately you can not photography the inside and the outside is not an easy capture.

Suggestions, feedback appreciated on comp and processing

Thanks for looking

Ray Still
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Biltmore Estates-biltmore1contrastcropped800wide.jpg  

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Biltmore Estates

I like the tones you've got here.
    My only suggestion is that you get Axle to help sneak you inside.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

GB1

Incredible place. Your photograph works well with me. My only complaint, if valid, is that it appears to be over sharpened, as some of the edges seem shiny. Otherwise, excellent. I think there is very little distortion on the edges, so what lens did you use? All of mine except my Mamiya 645 lenses distort to some degree, and it is especially evident with geometric subjects like this. I also like the tonality of the shot. Do you also have it in color?

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Neat shot! Great details! I moved to Asheville 3 mos. ago but haven't had the time or extra $ to get down to the B-more yet. Hope you had fun while you were here! :thumbsup:

I think you're comp. is interesting and like the sharpness of the details throughout. I think the monochrome helps focus the viewer on the details for the grounds and building. One teeny little nit pick, would clone out the speck of tree top in the top right corner.

I guess you went on a rain/cloud day. We've had lots of those lately, which was definitely a blessing as far as even lighting. Too bad you couldn't get some of our usual white puffy cloudy skies as a background in the corner. Did you get to any of the waterfalls or National Forests while you were here?
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Thread Information