Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Bad Move

Bad Move

Since Photographic Composition is one of the principal bases for Photo Critique it is MOST appropriate that photographic composition is in the Critique forum, not moved elsewhere for your convenience. :mad2:

Ronnoco
    Last edited by Ronnoco; 06-19-2006 at 05:48 PM.

Re: Bad Move

Since the moderators of this forum got the "job" of moderators, they can do whatever they choose at their convenience.......comes with the territory. If you do not like it, why not create your own forum so that you can run it the way you like and tell everyone the "rules" of photography? Just an idea.
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Have to say that Ronocco is 100% right on this and I would like to think that most photographers on this forum would not favour this move.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Whether it is agreed upon or not, it isn't up to us. Ronnoco should e-mail/PM the ADMIN and tell him/her instead of posting his complaints on the forum.......In my opinion.
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

I agree with moving it, simply because as I understand it, this forum is for posting pictures for critique or posting critiques on others' photos. There are other forums for the helpful links like the one he posted. There's nothing wrong with posting stuff like that, but if it's not in the right forum, I don't see why there's a problem with the mods moving it.

Emily

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Ronocco,

The forum moderators here operate under guidelines that we believe help keep this place running smoothly and contribute to the positive ambience that exists. Any action we take is done in the best interest of consistency and organization. The rules, while subtle, are here to keep the boards running as smoothly as possible. If you have taken offense at the actions of any moderator, a more diplomatic reponse may be to take it to a private message and seek to resolve the issue there without the added emotion or drama of public debate. If the issue cannot be resolved with the moderator, the next step would be to take to administration.

As an immediate compromise, why don't you link to your thread in your signature? That way the message will always be there for others to view. As often as you post, the thread would have greater longevity linked to in your signature than it would posted in any given forum.

The best to you,
    Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Ronocco,

If you have taken offense at the actions of any moderator, a more diplomatic reponse may be to take it to a private message and seek to resolve the issue there without the added emotion or drama of public debate. Rick
    Present company excepted, more than one moderator has demonstrated a limited ability to either phrase a diplomatic private or even in some cases public message or respond in any remotely diplomatic manner. Private rants and reference to my profile in order to make negative comments are most inappropriate from a moderator, particularly following the critique of a moderator's photo.

For this reason, my opinion of the private message approach is NOT positive.

Regards, Walterick
    Ronnoco
    Last edited by Ronnoco; 06-20-2006 at 05:06 PM.

Thread Information