Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Artificial Beauty

I took this shot on Sunday.
    It's an artificial flower.

Artificial Beauty

did i do a right rule? like rule of third, etc?
    and other stuff which is i don't know to improve my shot. thank you

GB1

Re: Artificial Beauty

Well, first of all, it's basically a well composed shot. I think I would have left a little more space in front of the flower on the left side, but not much. The blurred background is generally good also. It's a little dark on the right compared to the left, which is slightly too bright as is some petals of the flower. But I think it's OK.

However, the main problem I have with the shot is that it looks like an artificial flower. The water on it does nothing to fool me.. it really looks more like water droplets on a white suit. But I guess it is what it is, a good photo test subject.

Gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

MB1

My problem is that you have the fake flower almost exactly in the center of the frame.

I am sure that you could come up with a better composition with the same subject. You might even think about trying to make the fake look even faker......
    No, I DON'T need that.

This picture is something I really like but if you try to mirror the image I think the flow of the whole picture works better..... kind of how you read from left to right, I kind of played with your image a little and found the mirrored image really seemed to make the image work for me.....
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    It's a little dark on the right compared to the left, which is slightly too bright as is some petals of the flower. But I think it's OK.

Gb
    hm next time i'll consider that, hehe.
    the source of light was from left hand side

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    looks like an artificial flower. The water on it does nothing to fool me.. it really looks more like water droplets on a white suit. But I guess it is what it is, a good photo test subject.

Gb
    It is an artificial flower GB, hehe. the flower isn't real flower. : )

Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    My problem is that you have the fake flower almost exactly in the center of the frame.

I am sure that you could come up with a better composition with the same subject. You might even think about trying to make the fake look even faker......
    when i took this shot i was thinking the same, but then i think again if i put the flower more the right, i will have a big empty space in the frame, hehe. was it look fine? then I decided to put the flower more to the center hehe. my bad, next time it won't be @ the center.

Quote Originally Posted by ChowChi-Ching
    This picture is something I really like but if you try to mirror the image I think the flow of the whole picture works better..... kind of how you read from left to right, I kind of played with your image a little and found the mirrored image really seemed to make the image work for me.....
    Ah you right, it looks so much better after i flip it. thank you, i'll do the same if i took photo like this again.

Thank you guys for constructive input thanks a lot

One think struck me as I looked at this photo.....texture. I thought the texture difference between the water drops and the flower fabric was quite striking!

Thread Information