Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Art

Art

Art-art-downtown_130118_3245.jpg

Thank you for viewing !!

Re: Art

Like this a lot AE but the white car vies for your attention, I think this could be cloned from an otherwise nice shot.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

These kind of reflection shots can be very effective and this one, I think, is generally pretty well done. It puts the art gallery in the contextof a busy city very nicely. The effectiveness though is rather dependent though on what is reflected (passing vehicles, people, etc) and I think I agree with hminx that the car is probably more prominent than it needs to be - perhaps you took a couple of shots? Or alternatively, pull the car back a little to make it less eye-catching.

Even so, it's a pretty solid job.

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

The Bust reminds me of my time at Shepherds hospital as bust like these were all over the place. I agree get rid of the car and make a good shot great. Nice eye.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re the car, easy. I can just re-shoot some other time :-)

Thank you for the comments, folks !

(how come the photo is not showing up?)

I do think the white car distracts a bit from a very cool shot

I agree with most who have said that this is a very very good shot and the white car is a distraction.

One part of the photo I especially love is the upper half showing the reflection of the background building and tree. It blends in well, and makes it so special.

In addition to cloning out the car, I suggest about also some cloning in the middle section of the image with your reflection (the part between the two head statues). This is to achieve an even cleaner image with even lesser distraction. But I do not know doing that will make the photo less real because people will be asking where is the shooter's reflection?
    Maybe still do the cloning, but make it more subtle so that your reflection is still there, but less obvious.

Thread Information