Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Apples

Apples

Both taken at a local Apple Harvest Festival... I guess you could say a before and after picture.

:idea:

GB1

Re: Apples

Ben - I like the pattern of the first one, but feel that it needs to be expanded upon by removing the boundaries. Hope you dont mind but I did a quick edit to show you what I mean (hard to put into words...) Note that I also rotated it CCW one degree.

The second is OK but I think the people in the shot are distracting. Perhaps a crop of only the apples?

GB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

MB1

I like the original better but I do agree with you about the rotation.

I agree completely that the people in the lower image are a distraction and that the image is to cluttered.

Great idea for the first one, I probably will crop it down some and also try to get the color in the apples to come out more on the final copy.

The 2nd one I am still trying to figure out what to do... and I keep trying different things to it but yes I would like to remove the people from around it. I stood there by the cart for a good 10 minutes (then he started moving into the crowd again) but there were just too many people. I snapped several pictures and I think that was the best of the bunch. I really like the color and plastic wrap look in this photo and want to be able to use it but I definitely will need to do something about cropping out the people or removing them in PS somehow or getting it cropped down tighter.

Ben,

I'm having a real problem with both of these. The bottom one has already been covered on the background.

The top one seems to lack punch and colour. I am almost tempted to suggest converting it to B&W to bring out the textures inherent in the photo and ignore colour alltogether.

Hope that makes sense

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

I'll definitely try that out... the people that sponsor this event every year are having a contest and I would like to have some shots to enter. I have a lot of other pictures from the event, I am still weeding through all the shots.

Thread Information