Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    GB1

That Apocalyptic Look

I was telling a friend about the Salton Sea and how they're sadly cleaning it up. She didn't understand why that's a bad thing, whereas I explained that many of us photographers like that 'apocalyptic look' Here's an artsy image from last Friday.. very high humidity which may have added even more haze in the background.

G

Name:  DSC_0092_3_4_5_6_tonemapped_enhanced_nd_1200.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  205.0 KB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: That Apocalyptic Look

Impresive DOF and nice colors

The image leaves wanting to see more ... to the sides I mean

Water doesn't look very healthy, but I guess is due to the it being stagnant and salty, what are they cleaning ?

WoW what a shot! spectacular.

GB1

Armando, I cropped a little off the left side, but otherwise this is it even with a 24mm full frame.

The Salton Sea is so nasty .. you never know what's going on there. Would you eat the tilapia from these waters? Not me.

Thanks Don, it's an HDR with a few twists. I wanted to bring out how freaky this place is, but it also has a nicer side: I got a decent sunset that evening a little farther down the road.

G

My Site

Nice shot Gregg you can almost imagine a hooded ferryman coming towards the shore, I'm with armando on this a little wider would be nice.
    Just a matter of personal preference but I would liked to have set about this one more aggressively in PS and made it look even more apocalyptic
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by hminx View Post
    Nice shot Gregg you can almost imagine a hooded ferryman coming towards the shore, I'm with armando on this a little wider would be nice.
    Just a matter of personal preference but I would liked to have set about this one more aggressively in PS and made it look even more apocalyptic
    Thanks Pete. Maybe you also think that the pier looks so much like a ferry? Just the angle of it, I see a boat every time.

More aggressively? Ha ha .. how often does one hear that with an HDR? Ok, here's a little more mood: maybe it's what you had in mind? Perhaps it could use an evil moon up there too.

G

That Apocalyptic Look-dsc_0092_3_4_5_6_tonemapped_enhanced2_1100.jpg

My Site

Oh... I like it so much. In two versions

Thread Information