Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Angles

D80. 50mm 1.8, 17-55 2.8. SB 600. DLB1973's Avatar

Angles

Trying to get away from the close up flower shots I was fascinated with for a bit.

Thanks for lookin'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Angles-dsc_0060-2.jpg   Angles-dsc_0089-3.jpg  

Re: Angles

I cropped this one a little...better?
    Thanks again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Angles-dsc_0089-4.jpg  

Hi DLB,

I do like the first photo. However, that "thing" hanging out the side bug me A LOT. Otherwise, it's a nice shot.

With the second shot, I like the original crop, as it has that extra element to it.
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Thanks for the input. I attempted to retouch it out of there but my basic program is linited. Maybe the original angle is better...
    Quote Originally Posted by danic
    Hi DLB,

I do like the first photo. However, that "thing" hanging out the side bug me A LOT. Otherwise, it's a nice shot.

With the second shot, I like the original crop, as it has that extra element to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Angles-dsc_0060.jpg  

MB1

Quote Originally Posted by DLB1973
    Thanks for the input. I attempted to retouch it out of there but my basic program is linited. Maybe the original angle is better...
    I like your first versions of both images as they made me think about what I was seeing. However I agree about the "thing" in the first image looking out of place.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I too prefer the original of the second image.
    The thinner crop really doesn't have enough to it to stand on its own, though it may be an interesting page border element with other pool shots, so don't dismiss it.

I prefer the angle on the first shot too, the plain landscape layout doesn't hold my interest as much.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information