Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: alien

alien

any ideas on how to crop this one? i wish the feet were not cut off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alien-daniela-und-vietnamesische-frau-640.jpg  

MB1

Re: alien

No question you pointed your camera too high. I guess you could fool around with a tight crop on their faces but it is a shame that you didn't all of them in the frame as there is a lot of interesting things going on at the edges that a crop will kill.

So it goes some times.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

The question is which one is the alien?
    Who is at home ?

If this was shot from the hip, as a candid without framing it then the cutting off of the feet is unfortunate. But if you had a chance to lift the camera to our eye and compose it, I think you just narrowly missed an opportunity.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Both are not at home, it was during a stop in the middle of the night at a Vietnamese truck stop, a very strange place. A minute before the owner (he seemed to be drunk) told me not to take photos, I still did not want to miss this opportunity and shot this one. The lady who sat with us on the bus never understood that we don't speak Vietnamese, she kept on talking to us. I used a mini tripod on a chair, everything had to happen very quickly, I was a little bit afraid of the drunk truck stop owner

Thread Information