Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

"Alice In Wonderland" Indoor Theme Park

This is an indoor theme park in one of the high land hotel resorts in my country.

I thought that my intention of this photo is to give the mood of some fantasy land in the scene, alittle bit like Alice In the Wonderland type of mood.

Please critique and comment, thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Alice In Wonderland" Indoor Theme Park-facebook-p1110163.jpg  

Re: "Alice In Wonderland" Indoor Theme Park

There's too much going on in the picture. The branch cutting across the lower third, no central point of attention, no foreground elements. A lot of it is too dark for any details. I understand what you were going for her, but this comes out as a kind of jumble of stuff. The framing of the flowers on the left and right was a good decision though. But, overall it's too easy to get lost in there.

This may work as a record shot - but not much more. There is a lot of "information" here and the eye is not drawn to any specific part of the frame. There is also a lot of "color". I would suggest try and isolate a subject ....the clock, the people, the rides - especially if they have family members - and maybe used a lens that creates bokeh ...so you can separate the subject from the busy background.

Thanks for the feedback...I understand the critiques,..simply too messy, yeah.

I am trying not to isolate any given subjects because I wanted to have overall look or feel of an area with fantasy like atmosphere.

I am going back there again in June this year, I want to employ the same theme and approach to the photo. I shall post again and let you guys judge if I do better the next time.. Cheers...

It does give a general overview, but agree there is a lot going on.

Thread Information