Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: 1776

Took this photo at Colonial Williamsburg. They stage a town meeting everyday in front of the old capital building where they declare their independence.
    I was lucky enough to get an opening where there were no hands or heads in my way :thumbsup: . Just wondering what I could do to make this photo any better, ive tried a few b&w settings in silver efex but nothing is really sticking out to me as what should be done to the photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1776-dsc_0038-1-.jpg  

Re: 1776

I would def crop on the left. Try sepia and adding lots of noise to make it look like an old photograph, even though there was none then, it still gives the illusion that it is more real. And maybe clone the inside of the second guy's hat. ( I mean the little black piece that looks like a modern tag.)
    Congrats on getting a shot without other people, that can be a reward in itself.

Re: 1776

Yeah, my comment was to crop on the left as well. It does not add anything.

Extra credit for a prostitute and a bottle of port...

Thread Information